Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dinner 3 of the 5 Nights of Cooking

Tonight I will use my left over roast from Dinner 1. I also have some coconut milk from the sweet potato biscuits I made with that dinner. The sweet potato biscuits are gone, my family loved these. They had them for breakfast with a drizzle of honey and my husband had them for lunch with some butter.

Boil 1/2 lb of brown rice pasta, I used spagetti noodles.
Chop up beef and brown in skillet with:
What ever veggies you would like I used
1/2 chopped onion
1 C frozen peas
1 C chopped carrots
I threw in the left over mushrooms I had from pizza night as well

Sauce:

3-4 cloves of garlic saute in 1 T olive oil
Add:
2T Sunbutter ( I use this as a substitute for peanut butter) It is sunflower seed butter
4T wheat free soy sauce
2T brown sugar
1/2 C coconut milk
sprinkle ginger to taste
2 tsp crushed red pepper
Combine over a medium heat until well combined and hot and pour over noodles and beef mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment