Monday, January 30, 2012

Dinner 2 of the 5 nights of cooking


I have left overs from my cooking last night, however, I am going to hold onto the left over roast for Dinner 3. Tonight my kids have asked for pizza! I would recommend when you make this crust, you double or triple the recipe, and freeze some. It is really simple to pull out of the freezer and throw together a quick dinner.

Gluten Free/ Allergy Friendly Pizza crust:

This will make 3 small 8" pizzas/ serves 4
1 Pkt of active dry yeast, 1 1/4 T
1 1/3 c brown rice flour
1/2 c tapioca flour
1/2 c potato starch flour
3 tsp xanthan gum
2 tsp unflavored gelatin powder
1 tsp honey
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 c rice milk at room tempature
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp cider vinegar

Combine dry ingredients, mix well. Add wet ingredients, I use a mixer on low speed until well combined. Separate into 3 balls roll out directly onto the pan in which you will be baking it. I use a pizza stone first dust well with brown rice flour. Poke plenty of holes in the pizza dough and drizzle some olive oil over the dough. Cook at 425 for 10 minutes. Take dough out of the oven and flip onto the other side put sauce and fixings on top and cook for another 10-15 minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment