Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cold noodle salad

I created this last night because I did not feel like cooking and we had leftovers from the grill.
It has been so hot out it is nice to create something cold and soooo good!

You will need to boil the rice noodles: I used 8 oz of brown rice pasta
Then I added:

I used a potato peeler and ribboned

1 Zuchinni
1 Carrot
I then added finely sliced steak we had on the grill the day before,
you may substitute with shrimp or chicken if you prefer

For the sauce I combined in a sauce pan for 1 minute:
4 T Sunbutter/sunflower seed spread
4 T Gluten free soy sauce
2T brown sugar
1tsp ginger
A big splash of olive oil
1T of sesame oil

Mix this up into the noodle mixture and put in the frig to cool.

Other options to add:
Peas
Scallions

Enjoy and let me know the many ways you have gotten creative with this dish!

1 comment: